Great opportunity to work for a very successful independent practice with the opportunity to develop both your experience and career. You will be responsible for a substantial portfolio of clients across a variety of industry sectors. The role will encompass:
- Managing a varied portfolio of audit clients
- Review/preparation of statutory accounts including group consolidated accounts
- Review/preparation of monthly management accounts, balance sheet reconciliations and year end audit files
- Liaising with all levels of client staff including finance and operational staff in order to develop an understanding of the business
- Development of systems and controls
- Managing a team of staff reporting to the Partners
- Staff development including identifying and delivering training needs, undertaking staff appraisals and providing mentoring
- Control of fee forecasting and reporting including preparation of initial forecasts, review and monitoring of monthly targets and reconciliation of actual fees to forecasts
- Setting assignment budgets and controlling/monitoring performance against budget.
- Review of draft of corporation tax returns
The ideal person will be ACA or ACCA qualified with a good pass record. You will also need to demonstrate staff and client handling experience at a supervisory or management level. The portfolio covers owner managed business clients and larger groups so good technical audit experience from either a national or independent firm is required. The firm are keen to meet talented individuals with the ambition to progress further and support both growth and succession.