eXactitude have been engaged on an exclusive brief to identify an ambitious FC to help drive greater efficiency in financial governance and improve the IT systems in an ambitious and well established privately owned construction company with a turnover of c£30m.
This is a new role reporting to the financial director who needs to devolve full responsibility for the financial control and reporting function, including line management of the team, to free up his time for group strategy and planning.
The business has a strong order book and is ideally looking for an FC who has the capability of stepping up in the future as part of the succession planning process.
Applications are welcome from individuals in the construction sector but my client will also consider FC’s or FM’s from other sectors with transferable skills and would like to interview some recently qualifieds from the profession who are looking for their first move into industry.
To apply please email in your CV with details of your notice period, current salary package, reason for leaving and a short paragraph to support your candidacy.
My client is ideally looking for a fully qualified accountant but would consider strong QBE applications from their sector.
More detailed duties are listed below:
- Provision of accurate and timely financial information, relevant advice and analysis to support the Finance Director
- Leading the development, implementation and delivery of key financial performance indicators
- Contributing to strategic and business planning processes
- Leading on the preparation of budgets and financial forecasts (including cash flow forecasts)
- Reviewing and maintaining effective financial procedures and processes
- Supporting the Board on the evaluation and selection of an integrated business system and leading on the system implementation.
- The appraisal and development of the small finance team for which the post has line management responsibility.
- Development and maintenance of an efficient and effective finance function, to include control of debtors, creditors, payroll, WIP, fixed assets and processes supporting cash flow management
- Assist in the preparation of accurate and timely financial documentation for the Board including management accounts, budgets and forecasts
- Liaison with the Finance Director and the auditors to facilitate production of compliant annual report and financial statements
- Ensuring that adopted accounting policies comply with the relevant accounting standards (FRS 102)
- Ensuring that the company’s financial policies, processes and procedures are followed and kept up-to-date
- Ensuring that financial and business systems are compliant with legal and tax requirements
- Assuming management responsibility for the financial components of risk management modelling
- Assistance to the Finance Director in the preparation of audited accounts and taking the lead role for liaison with external auditors
- Undertaking any other duties commensurate with the post holder’s grade as requested by the Finance Director or other Board member.
- Complying with the company’s policies and Code of Conduct
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained at all times
Competencies and behaviours
- An enthusiastic, “can do”, professional outlook demonstrating drive and dynamism
- A team player with strong management skills, personable and adept at relationship management at all levels
- Core attributes of honesty; integrity; commitment, dependability and conscientiousness; ability to easily generate trust; and ability to deal sensitively with confidential information
- Able to manage time well, working to tight deadlines, working on own initiative and balancing priorities
- Willingness to undertake role related and wider personal development
- A focus on quality delivery with strong written and verbal communication skills and evidence of strong analytical and problem solving skills
- High level IT skills, including the ability to design and operate complex spreadsheets
- A willingness to be flexible on hours worked.
eXactitude Resourcing Limited is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. eXactitude complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics.