Varied accounts assistant role for service sector client reporting to the Financial Controller. My client is looking for a personable individual who may be AAT qualified and potentially interested in furthering their professional studies in the future.
Duties are varied (details below) and you will be supported in your skills development by an experienced and friendly FC, if there are any gaps in your knowledge. (For example, you may have strong book-keeping skills and be keen to develop your management accounts and year end skills).
Book-keeping: Bank statements, credit card statements, purchase and sales invoices, intercompany recharges and staff expenses.
Management Accounts / Year end Accounts: Downloading data from Access Dimension accounting package into the suite of spreadsheets used to produce the monthly management, year end accounts and budget forecasts. Work with the FC to review reports and help produce the management accounts pack. Fixed asset register. Working with the FC on the year-end accounts for two small business units.
Accounts payable: Full function AP work
Invoicing: Creation of invoicing and appropriate accounting
Reporting: Aged debt reports and suspense account reporting.
Payroll: Assisting with the monthly payroll runs.
Regulatory returns: 1/4rly VAT and other government reporting alongside the FC.
Electronic banking: Managing the process, reconciliation and access.
Core Skills and knowledge
- You will have a recognised bookkeeping or accounting qualification and/or you will have experience of these in a work environment of at least two years.
- You will be able to maintain a professional approach to all aspects of your work.
- You will be a team player and also be able to take the initiative in difficult situations.
- You will be able to maintain an enthusiastic approach to all the activities you undertake.
- You will have the ability to work within tight deadlines.
- You will have good interpersonal skills allowing you to work closely with colleagues and others.
To apply please send in your CV with a covering note as to your availability, why the role appeals and what salary you are earning and looking for.
eXactitude Resourcing Limited is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. eXactitude complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics.