This well established independent firm of Chartered Accountants are looking to recruit a qualified tax professional to help manage their tax service offering. You will be expected to manage the tax team to provide both a compliance and advisory service to existing and potential clients.
Tax compliance work including:
- Reviewing Tax Returns.
- Monitor and review Tax Return progress.
- Preparing complex Tax Returns.
- Supervise tax team with all aspects of their work, and provide training and assistance where required.
- Dealing with client queries and problems on the phone and in person in relation to tax compliance.
- Assisting with the annual Tax Return quoting and third party letter process.
- Reviewing tax department monthly fee targets and meeting such targets.
- Overseeing tax compliance post and delegating as appropriate.
Maintaining a good technical knowledge of income tax and capital gains tax.
Identifying tax planning opportunities within the client base in order to maximise tax department fees and the service offered to clients.
Dealing with ad-hoc and one-off work as and when required, in order for the tax department to meet its monthly target.
Ability to assist and advise with regard to overseas tax, complex share CGT, PPR, non-resident and EIS.
Dealing with compliance enquiries.
Meeting with potential new clients. Fee quoting as appropriate.
Liaising with IFA’s for the benefit of the firm and its clients.
Linking with the accounts and admin departments to improve inter office communications and billing processes.
Working as a team member within the Tax Department, and using experience to motivate the team to their targets whilst providing client satisfaction.
External promotion of the firm through professional contacts.
This is a great opportunity to make a significant contribution in a forward thinking expanding firm with excellent prospects for further career progression.