This well established firm of Chartered Accountants are looking to recruit a qualified tax professional to help manage their tax service offering. You will be expected to manage the tax team to provide both a compliance and advisory service to existing and potential clients.
- Be responsible for a small portfolio of complex tax cases, including HNWIs, non-resident and non-domiciled individuals
- Prepare complex returns and assist in reviewing returns prepared by other members of the personal tax team, generally the more complex returns
- Correspond and deal with client enquires in relation to their tax issues and liabilities, ensuring any unresolved issues are referred to the appropriate Partner
- Initial handling/ identification of both tax planning and tax investigation issues
- Maintain direct contact with clients and HMRC, in the delivery of an excellent client service
- Key support to the Partner team in delivering high quality tax advice to our high net worth individuals and owner managed business clients
- Undertake advisory projects Be technically up-to-date with all relevant tax matters and able to accurately interpret and apply current tax legislation
- Management of the tax department
- Maintain overall control of the compliance process
- Review smaller tax advisory assignments undertaken by tax staff and provide coaching and address outstanding issues prior to delivery to Partner.
- Previous experience in a tax compliance and advisory role at manager level
- CTA qualified, STEP, ACA or ACCA an advantage
- Trusts and Estates experience an advantage
- Commercially astute, with keen analytical and problem-solving mind
- Organised and able to plan time efficiently in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with clients
- Self-motivated and able to show initiative
- Accurate and able to work well under pressure
This is a great opportunity to make a significant contribution in a forward thinking expanding firm with excellent prospects for further progression.