Commercial FD with retail experience sought for successful well established medium sized business in Hampshire. There is the possibility of equity buy in should the hired candidate perform over their first few years and my client is looking for someone with ambition to perform as a key member of the management team for a number of years.
Working with the MD and board you will be looking for an “operations lead” FD role and have strong experience of a stock driven retail environment with a manufacturing relationship in the far East.
My client is looking for an ambitious and hard-working individual, who is able to be self accountable and not only own decisions, but be able to justify them. A strong professional integrity and attention to detail is essential and this hands on role will not suit an “ivory tower” accountant. Compensation levels are negotiable and will be based on a mix of experience and previous earnings.
The business has a strong handle on the day to day finances but is looking for an FD to bring a strategic mindset to add value and optimise margins. Managing costs and preparing a growth plan will form a key part of your role as will optimising cashflow management, budgeting and forecasting.
Other duties and responsibilities are classic and include, but are not limited to:
- Forming a close working relationship with the Managing Director, other Senior Executives and Non Executives.
- Provide leadership to the Board’s Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position.
- Take overall control of the company’s accounting function
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Lead and develop finance teams.
- Work with senior teams to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans.
- Ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies.
- Present annual accounts to investors and managing the auditor’s
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Corporate finance: manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and advisors.
- Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
To apply please email in your CV with a covering note against the key criteria below to support your application. Please also include your current salary, expected salary, notice period and reason for leaving your last or current role. Closing date for applications Friday 27th April 2018 and shortlisting will commence then. eXactitude have been appointed as a sole agent for this role and all CV’s will be put into the eXactitude short listing process.
eXactitude Resourcing Limited is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. eXactitude complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics.