As our digtally savvy accountancy practice client continue to grow,they have a vacancy for someone who has experience of bookkeeping in practice to join our growing team. You’ll be AAT qualified and love dealing with people as you’ll have a lot of contact with business owners, answering queries and providing them with meaningful management accounts, all completed remotely using the latest cloud-based technology.
Giving business owners information at their fingertips. Here’s how you’ll make a difference:
- Keeping the client’s accounts up-to-date, so they always know how their business is performing and can make key decisions
- Preparing VAT returns, ensuring deadlines are met
- Building great relationships with clients, helping them run a slick finance operation and answering their queries
- Using cloud-based software such as Xero, as well as packages such as Microsoft Excel
- Processing management journals, such as prepayments, depreciation and accrued/deferred income
- Working with other teams within the company such as the accountants and payroll team
To be successful in this fast-paced, ever-evolving role you will need the following:
- In-depth general bookkeeping knowledge
- Good hands-on knowledge of Xero
- Experience of working in an accountancy practice (ideally)
- A positive collaborative team working approach
- Passion to make a difference
- Great organisational skills with the ability to prioritise a changing workload
Location and working hours
- The role will be based in Andover for the first 3 months, after which it is possible to work from the Southampton office 2-3 days a week and/or Andover the rest of the week.
- The position is full time, with flexible working around core hours of 10am-4pm. There is no fixed start or end time each day.
To apply please email in your CV with a covering note about your salary expectations, notice period and a short paragraph about why this role appeals.
eXactitude Resourcing Limited is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. eXactitude complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics.