Super new role suitable for a practice qualified or commercial qualified with statutory accounts experience who is looking to work for a listed technology business in a commercial finance role. This is an ideal role leading to either and FC role in the future or moving into a pure commercial role.
This position can be described as a “Financial Analyst’, “Commercial Accountant” or “Finance Business Partner”.
It is a broad role working for the Head of Finance for this particular division as well as business partnering with the divisional MD and being part of the management team.
Duties are a broad mix of financial and management accounting, but essentially the role is to support operations financially with driving business success.
My client offers an excellent benefits package, including bonus, and will adjust base salary to reflect levels of PQE hired. The job can be made more senior for a manager coming from practice and less senior for a newly qualified.
The role involves working at both Newbury and Portsmouth as well as some travel to other major cities.
- Management accounting, including revenue and margin reporting
- Business partner to cost centre managers to assist them in managing and budgeting costs for their business areas.
- Budgets, Forecasts and reporting on variances monthly
- Financial Statutory Statements (working with Group)
- Subsidiary financial statements
- Assist with preparation of half year press release
- Preparation of audit and disclosure schedules
- Design and testing of internal controls
- Cost control
- Ad hoc reporting on commercial projects
- Analysis of profit by client
- Sales commissions plans – working with the CFO and Managing Director to produce commission plans which align the behaviour of the sales team to the strategic aims of the business
- Be able to provide cover for the Head of Finance for this division
- Liaise with auditors during year end audit and half year review
Skills and experience
- Strong time management skills to ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to work on own initiative and to enjoy self responsibility
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to relate to all levels.
- Awareness of financial standards and financial reporting developments and ability to review and interpret new standards
- Experience of UKGAAP and IFRS
- Experience of overseas companies and GAAP and an interest in researching and interpreting overseas GAAP if required as a result of acquisitions
- Experience managing and coaching teams
- Experience analysing large quantities of data and providing summary information to both financial and non-financial individuals
- Extensive experience of MS Word and Excel
- Knowledge of SQL would be useful but not essential.
eXactitude Resourcing Limited is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. eXactitude complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics. If you haven’t heard from us within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.