We are delighted to be working with this high quality technology focused independent firm of Accountants who are happy to encourage home-working and occasional office based visits in a rural setting 15 minutes from Winchester. They are looking to identify a confident practice trained accountant to join a busy team working on a commercial portfolio of clients.
Interpersonal skills are key for my client and you must be a technology advocate to fit into this firm. Fundamentally you will own client relationships and alongside being hands on, enjoy giving advice and up-selling services where appropriate. Being busy, creative and juggling work are key skills.
This role is open to qualified, part qualified and possible QBE practice trained staff who want to work in a flexible and success orientated environment. Study will be supported / encouraged if needed.
It would be ideal for someone commuting a lot who wants to work from home or enjoy a small but not everyday commute.
Main functions and responsibilities of the post are:
- Responsible for a portfolio of clients reporting to a director
- Being part of a small team of client managers who have a back office pool for day to day transactional work that you will need to manage appropriate to your client.
- Liaising direct with clients on a regular basis to discuss the current position of their business and suggesting improvements or being ideas driven.
- Effective overview of clients within portfolio with regard to budget/profitability/business needs
- The preparation of timely, accurate statutory accounts
- The preparation personal tax returns
- Liaising with HMRC/ Companies House as and when required.
- Checking HMRC correspondence and liaising with client.
- This is role requires an interest in accurate and effective accounts and tax preparation to support the work and continued growth of the business.
- The growth area is in producing accounts in real time thereby advising & supporting the client throughout the year to build strong & lasting relationships with them.
- You will have a proven track record in accounts production and person tax return preparation.
- You will be able to develop and maintain excellent relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Your communication and presentation style will be professional and friendly.
- You will possess excellent organisational skills.
- You will be able to work as part of a team within a busy accountancy practice.
- You will be able to use your initiative and work pro-actively.
The firm can offer a competitive remuneration package with regular reviews and a friendly and modern working environment. The experienced directors enjoy mentoring and developing their staff, both professionally and personally.
eXactitude Resourcing Limited is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. eXactitude complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics.