Large listed IT business seek personable qualified accountant to account for and then integrate a recent c£3.5m TO growing acquisition into the head office finance function. This is a new role which has super career prospects as the business is expanding and successful.
Salary will be competitive depending on experience, benefits are “blue-chip” and there is also a 10% bonus which has a super track record of being paid.
This role will suit either a qualified from practice looking for their second job after working in an SME or a divisional role – or a qualified with a stable CV in an SME or better still a divisional role as part of a business with scale.
- Financial management of a new division of the UK business (they use Xero currently)
- Oversee the month end management accounts process
- Statutory accounts
- Liaison with auditors
- Management of cash balances
- Payment approvals
- Month end reporting into the Group consolidation
- Manage the integration of the new company into the existing business
- Migration of the finance system, payroll, and expenses
- Bank accounts migration
- Wind up separate legal entities
- Responsibility for UK tax compliance
- Corporation tax
- Other UK tax compliance
- Other ad hoc projects which may include analysis and reporting in relation to other parts of the business, or at a Group level
- Liaise with auditors during year end audit and half year review
- Design, testing and improving internal controls which may involve travel to other office locations
- Process documentation
- Alignment of processes
- Help improve internal financial reporting where required
Skills and experience
- Awareness of financial standards and financial reporting developments and ability to review and interpret new standards
- Experience of UKGAAP and IFRS
- Prior experience of legal entity and finance system integrations would be useful
- UK tax experience
- Extensive experience of MS Word and Excel
- Experience of the IT/Telecoms sector would be useful (either having worked within it or been a professional adviser to businesses within it).
- Strong time management skills to ensure deadlines are met
- Degree (or equivalent)
- Recognised accounting qualification (ACA or ACCA)
To apply please send in your CV with details of your salary expectations and notice period.
eXactitude Resourcing Limited is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. eXactitude complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics.