Large listed technology company based in the Thames Valley corridor have a new role to control financial risk policies and controls across the group. My client have made several acquisitions globally and the CFO and Group FC requires this new head to business partner closely with group, internal audit and external audit teams.
The role will suit either a Top 6 ACA probably at manager level or above looking to break into commerce, or a more experienced individual with an appropriate group background.
What is essential is that you have polished communication skills, enjoy creating and reviewing process and control and can work on your own initiative.
- Working with the CFO, Group Financial Controller and Internal Audit, compile the Group Accounting Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Develop and embed relevant Financial Governance, Risk and Compliance capabilities, ensuring consistency across the Group.
- To harmonise key controls within the Group’s business units. This will require an understanding of the current state and future requirements.
- Work with the business units to identify and document key processes, risks and controls.
- Conduct gap assessments and identify areas for re-mediation and make recommendations on how to improve controls.
- Design a financial Risk Matrix defining the current state and mapping out a prioritised action plan for risk mitigation.
- Developing Group/ Local Policies and recommending changes where appropriate.
- To understand and implement the requirements of the proposed UK corporate Governance reform with regards to changes in the internal control environment.
- Working with Operating Company Finance teams to establish how recommendations from internal audit can be implemented to ensure compliance with governance without affecting the entrepreneurial nature of the business.
- Work with the Group Risk Director to ensure consistency of approach and documentation with the wider risk approach.
- Develop a process for ensuring subsidiary compliance with Group Policies including self-certification and independent testing.
- To work as part of the Group Finance Team providing support on the consolidation, year-end annual report and external reporting and providing cover for the Group Accountants.
- Preparation of ad-hoc financial analysis and support for Group Finance Team projects.
The role will require UK and European travel once current restrictions allow
- You will ideally be qualified to degree level alongside a recognised accounting qualification such as ACA or ACCA.
- Strong experience of assessing the effectiveness and efficiency of business processes and controls including process mapping and risks and controls matrices.
- Experience in facilitating the capture of both current and future state business processes.
- The confidence to challenge the status quo and desire for continuous improvement.
- Prior Practice Audit or Internal Audit function experience.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise own workload, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to engage effectively with senior stakeholders.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of the proposed UK corporate Governance reform.
- Experience and understanding of SOX compliance would be helpful.
To apply please send in your CV and short cover note to support your application, including details of your salary expectations and notice period.
eXactitude Resourcing Limited is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. eXactitude complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics.