Well established practice with several partners and a long-standing reputation in the local market have a need for a mixed audit/accounts professional due to strong business volumes.
Key reasons to work for this firm:
- This is a mixed role roughly 35% audit and 65% general practice accounts.
- Balanced approach to work & life – will improve quality of life for a 100% audit professional working long hours
- Friendly work environment – low staff turnover – career progression based on performance
- Flat structure with speedy decision making – non political
- Audits tend to blend with wider client relationship management offering scope for individuals to work in a more broad way across a number of disciplines.
- Room to grow. Plenty of change going on and opportunity to make a big impact in a regional firm.
My client are open on hiring at either senior or semi-senior level and would look at part-qualifieds (full study support will be offered) or qualifieds. The salary range advertised is broad to reflect this and an offer to a candidate will be based on experience and market rate taken across Hampshire, ie, competitive in this area of the south.
You will work as part of the established audit team based in Alton which will see you performing the accurate and efficient execution of company audits with a variety of different clients. You will also have some involvement with the preparation of audit exempt financial statements too.
- Client audit assignments: in house preparation and attendance at client premises is 35% of the role
- 65% other duties such as preparing accounts, and drafting tax computations
- Planning of audits for review by manager/partner
- Preparation of compliance tests, required paperwork prior to assignment
- Responsibility for other team members such as audit assistances
- Undertaking assigned tasks on client premises to agreed plan
- Regular liaison with office or on-site based supervisor whilst undertaking tasks including problem solving
- Control of own assignment time within pre-determined budget
- Professional liaison with client and/or client’s staff
- Completion of work to the satisfaction of the manager/partner
- Accounts finalisation, file completion and tax computations
Work based competencies
- ACA/ACCA fully qualified or PQ and working towards this or QBE with ambition
- Some experience planning and working on audits of varying sizes would be helpful
- Client facing experience
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- A highly professional appearance and attitude
- A team player
- Enthusiastic, keen to learn and take on new challenges
- Highly organised with evidenced ability to manage time
- Motivated and ambitious
- CPD programme for fully qualified candidates including compliance and broader technical skills training
- Performance reviews every six months
- Plenty of scope for promotion within the firm.
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
- A relaxed and professional environment
- Generous holiday policy
- Contributory Pension Scheme
eXactitude Resourcing Limited is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. eXactitude complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics.