My client are a mid tier firm who advise dynamic businesses, not for profit organisations, private individuals, and families on all areas of business, tax, and wealth. With offices across London, Kent and Sussex and international reach they are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of all their clients. They provide a full range of accountancy, business advisory and financial services that will help clients to achieve their personal and business goals.
My client want all their employees to be rewarded for their hard work and enjoy a balanced lifestyle, which is why they offer benefits such as unrestricted holiday, agile working, and an engagement programme centred around mental health and wellbeing.
My client are also proud of our active Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) programme. Their Charity Foundation enables them to consistently ‘give back’ to their local communities wherever they can, as well as provide opportunities for our employees to get more involved in charitable work and in choosing the causes which benefit from the Foundation. They give all of our employees the option to take one day paid each year for volunteering so they can support the charitable causes closest to them.
Other benefits offererd include up to 5% contribution on our pension scheme and a grade specific flexible benefit pot to use throughout the year on a range of benefits (including mandatory Private health plan, Death in service and Income protection) from gym membership and restaurant discount cards, to travel insurance and additional health insurance – and much more.
Accounts and Outsourcing Controller to join our busy team in Chichester working on a diverse range of clients almost exclusively setup on online accounting software. As chartered accountants and business advisers offering audit, accounts, strategic tax and business development advice as one of the major Accountancy and Financial Services firms practising in the South East of England, we would be looking for a driven and friendly individual to help the team ensure both deadlines and client expectations are being met. You will need previous experience within an Accounting position, either in practice or industry. You will also need to be organised and have exceptional communication skills, understanding our clients’ needs in order to provide a personal, proactive and professional service.We will be offering a competitive salary which comes with staff benefits including Contribution based Pension scheme, Cash Plan and many more.
- Prepare statutory accounts in both FRS 105 and FRS 102 1(a) format for a range of company sizes
- Prepare Corporation Tax returns and deferred tax computations
- Bookkeeping and VAT return preparation, including working with our outsourcing teams
- Daily use of online accounting packages and ensuring knowledge of these products remains up to date
- Training more junior colleagues
- Liaising with clients and dealing with ad hoc accounting and software queries
- Managing own workload and prioritising effectively.
- Reporting to managers and partners and taking responsibility for completing tasks accurately, to deadline and liaise effectively
- Maintaining technical expertise and asking for training as needed.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience working within an accounts department, either within industry or practice.
- AAT qualified or ACA/ACCA part qualified.
- Adept in using Xero and QuickBooks Online and an interest in developing experience of Apps
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Methodical and able to plan an efficient approach to a task.
- Comfortable communicating with clients via email, telephone and face-to-face.
- Strong knowledge of FRS 102 and 105 and how to prepare both basic and more complex company accounts under each.
- Ability to prioritise effectively to ensure all tasks are completed in a sensible order and by deadline date.
- Must be able to communicate well in a team environment and keep management team up to date.
- Use initiative and able to work independently, but equally know when to ask for help.
- Friendly and professional.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective time management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Self-driven and motivated.
- Approachable and available
To apply please email in your CV with a covering note to support your application. Please also include your current salary, expected salary, notice period and reason for leaving your last or current role.
The advertised compensation package (basic + bens) is broad as a competitive offer will be made depending on experience as anyone from a years AAT experience to a part-qual ACA/ACCA with many years experience will be considered.
eXactitude Resourcing Limited is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. eXactitude complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics.