Commercial FC sought by COO who is also currently FD, to take control of the day to day finances of this fast growing, well established, sales driven business with a turnover of c£15m based 10-15 minutes from Basingstoke.
My client is looking for a fully qualified accountant who can manage a small team (3-5 staff, including a book-keeping lead finance manager) but most importantly help drive growth through thoughtful commercial financial operations analysis.
You will join in a hands on FC, covering both finance and operations, but there are excellent prospects to make FD with strong performance over your first few years.
The role has arisen due to strong business growth and could well evolve into a financial directorship in the future.It does however, require an accountant who enjoys a good element of the job being hands on and is happy to interface with the daily operations teams and management board face to face.
The business is very IT literate and sells succesfully, both in the UK and internationally.You will need to be a car driver and benefits and package will be constructed to motivate depending on the experience of the candidate hired.
My client is open on the background an individual will have, but you will need to demonstrate ambition in your career to date, be on an upward career trajectory, have excellent interpersonal skills and critically be able to demonstrate commerciality.
Duties are varied but will include:
- Annual statutory accounts working with auditors
- Monthly management accounts including:MI pack, Cost analysis, board pack and minutes, variable cost analysis, resource cost and analysis,
- Sales/Margin Analysis – Daily / weekly Trending – Foreseeing Issue
- Sales Mix Analysis – Marketplace net Margin vs Web
- Full stock control
- Budgets Creation and Monitoring
- Cashflow Planning – 13 Week and Further
- Liaising with Sales and Pricing Team
- Facilities management
- FX Planning and Strategy
- EU VAT – Further Brexit Planning and Compliance
- VAT Planning – Partial Exemption
- R&D Claims
- Corporation Tax – Submissions
- CoSec Duties and Filing
- FCA Filing and Compliance
- Terms and Conditions of Sale across business –
- Trademark – Monitoring and enhancements
- Purchasing – Daily Weekly Management
- Commercial/Compliance Intervention in Purchasing
- Overhead Cost Review and Improvement – Payment Providers, Lease line
- Control Account Review
- Debtor and Supplier Advance Review
- Returns Analysis and Asset Recovery
- Brexit – Sales , Margin and Cost Impact
- Insurance Risk monitoring and policies – Annual / day to day
- All HR Matters – assisted by External
- H&S Management and Risk Assessment – with External
Additional benefits and information:
- Competitive salary, dependant on experience;
- Great flexible working environment. There is onsite parking and you will need to drive;
- Fast track opportunity to Finance Director.
To apply please email your CV with a short covering note to support your application against the criteria in this advert.
Please also provide details of your availability to start, notice period if appropriate and details of your current or last salary package and expectations.
Salary advertised is broad as a competitive offer will be made depending on experience.
eXactitude Resourcing Limited is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. eXactitude complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics.