Well established practice with several partners and a long-standing reputation in the local market have a need for a mixed audit/accounts professional due to strong business volumes.
Key reasons to work for this firm:
- This is a mixed role roughly 40% audit and 60% general practice accounts.
- Balanced approach to work & life – will improve quality of life for a 100% audit professional working long hours
- Friendly work environment – low staff turnover – career progression based on performance
- Flat structure with speedy decision making – non political
- Audits tend to blend with wider client relationship management offering scope for individuals to work in a more broad way across a number of disciplines.
- Room to grow. Plenty of change going on and opportunity to make a big impact in a regional firm.
- Offers excellent CPD/ career development opportunities
My client are open on hiring at manager, assistant manager, senior or semi-senior level and would look at part-qualifieds (full study support will be offered) or qualifieds. The salary range advertised is broad to reflect this and an offer to a candidate will be based on experience and market rate taken from the Southampton area, ie, competitive in this area of the south.
You will work as part of the established accounts and audit team which will see you performing the accurate and efficient execution of company accounting and audits with a variety of different clients. You will also have some involvement with the preparation of audit exempt financial statements too.
- Client audit assignments: in house preparation and attendance at client premises is 50% of the role
- 50% other duties such as preparing accounts and business partnering with clients
- Planning of audits for review by manager/partner
- Preparation of compliance tests, required paperwork prior to assignment
- Undertaking assigned tasks on client premises to agreed plan
- Regular liaison with office or on-site based supervisor whilst undertaking tasks including problem solving
- Control of own assignment time within pre-determined budget
- Professional liaison with client and/or client’s staff
- Completion of work to the satisfaction of the manager/partner
- Accounts finalisation, file completion and tax computations
Work based competencies
- Experience in professional practice with accounts and audit ideal but just accounts OK if willing to learn audit.
- Client facing experience
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- A highly professional appearance and attitude
- A team player
- Enthusiastic, keen to learn and take on new challenges
- Highly organised with evidenced ability to manage time
- Motivated and ambitious
- CPD programme for fully qualified candidates including compliance and broader technical skills training
- Regular performance reviews
- Plenty of scope for promotion within the firm.
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
- A relaxed and professional environment
- Flexible approach to office and work from home post Covid (some office work is essential for team bonding)
- Social Activities/Events
- Generous holiday policy
- Life Assurance/death in service scheme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Subsidised Gym membership
eXactitude Resourcing Limited is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. eXactitude complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics.