Medium sized friendly regional practice seek accountant for client accounting & book-keeping role.
- Prepare statutory accounts in both FRS 105 and FRS 102 1(a) format for a range of company sizes
- Prepare or help Corporation Tax returns and deferred tax computations depending on experience
- Bookkeeping and VAT return preparation, including working with our outsourcing teams
- Daily use of online accounting packages and ensuring knowledge of these products remains up to date
- Liaising with clients and dealing with ad hoc accounting and software queries
- Managing own workload and prioritising effectively.
- Reporting to managers and partners and taking responsibility for completing tasks accurately, to deadline and liaise effectively
- Maintaining technical expertise and asking for training as needed.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience working in public practice dealing with accounts for clients for a minimum of 24 months
- Adept in using Xero and QuickBooks Online and an interest in developing experience of Apps
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Methodical and able to plan an efficient approach to a task.
- Comfortable communicating with clients via email, telephone and face-to-face.
- Ability to prioritise effectively to ensure all tasks are completed in a sensible order and by deadline date.
- Must be able to communicate well in a team environment and keep management team up to date.
- Use initiative and able to work independently, but equally know when to ask for help.
- Friendly and professional.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective time management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Self-driven and motivated.
- Approachable and available
To apply please email in your CV with a covering note to support your application. Please also include your current salary, expected salary, notice period and reason for leaving your last or current role.
eXactitude Resourcing Limited is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. eXactitude complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics.