New role due to business growth working for a friendly FC who needs a number two in this c£20m service and technology focused SME that trades both in the UK and Internationally.
You will be a flexible individual who enjoys turning their hand to the full variety of tasks in a business of this size. Finance works closely with operations and is a fairly flat structure with 2 additional assistants in the business.
This role will suit someone who likes working as a number 2 and is very Excel literate to help out and take responsibility for the monthly reporting schedule for the board.
Previous experience is more important than qualifications, but you will need to demonstrate your commercial knowledge in the interview process and that you are adept at double entry accounting. My client uses Sage 50 currently but is reviewing moving to Xero so any systems skills would be a bonus.
The role will be ideally 3 days in the office in Farnborough and 2 remote although the office is available 5 days a week.
- To support the FC with the delivery of all finance requirements across the group structure
- Assisting the FC with the production of the month-end management accounts
- Issue sales invoices, ensuring valid PO numbers have been obtained from clients (where applicable)
- Report revenue and margin on the sales ledgers, ensuring the accurate recording of client invoices in multiple currencies
- Weekly credit control, including sending monthly statements to clients, to ensure timely payments
- Produce monthly financial reports to monitor spend against budget
- Journal entries on finance systems (accruals, purchase invoices etc.)
- Monitoring bank balances within the businesses
- Assisting with quarterly reporting and the year-end accounts
- Meeting all deadlines as stated in the monthly finance calendar
- Learn alongside the current payroll clerk the monthly payroll spreadsheets (for UK and overseas payrolls) and ensure these are accurate, and liasing with 3rd party payroll providers to finalise payrolls
- Ad hoc duties as required
Benefits include: Pension – 24 days holiday rising to 27 with service and free parking.
To apply please send in your CV with a short covering note about why you feel you are a match. Please include details of your current basic salary, notice period and benefits.
eXactitude Resourcing Limited is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. eXactitude complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics.