Client Accountant £40-50k
Location: Work from anywhere
About: The Wow Company was founded in 2004 with the belief that accountants should be at the heart of building beautiful businesses.
In this fast-moving, digital world, many businesses focus on short-term results driven solely by return on investment at the expense of their people, their customers, and even themselves.
Wow believe there is another way! They believe that doing the right thing gets results. That having a clear purpose and standing up for what you believe in is the secret to building a beautiful, sustainable business. Something to be really proud of, that can also be a huge amount of fun.
The heartbeat of Wow has always been about great people working together. Over the years, they have built a team of smart, caring, passionate and fundamentally nice people. A team that loves helping people achieve their dreams and being part of the exciting journey of growing a business.
As a Client Accountant for The Wow Company, you will be responsible for the smooth running of the relationship with the business owner, putting their needs at the heart of all that you do.
No day will be the same at Wow. Here are some of the highlights:
- Being the first port of call for all questions from clients
- Managing the year-end accounts process, including preparation for pre-year-end meetings, plus reviewing and finalising accounts
- Helping business owners have meaningful information at their fingertips
- Getting involved in interesting project work for clients
- Advising business owners on how they can improve their businesses
- Building your portfolio by inducting new clients
Learn and grow at Wow. Your professional development is important to Wow
They will help you progress your career quicker than anywhere else. You’ll have monthly meetings to assess your progress and help you develop. You’ll have an opportunity to:
- Be part of a team really going places
- Get involved in developing strategic plans for the company’s growth
- Be trained in skills to help you be a world-class accountant
- Use the latest technology to help deliver a truly awesome customer experience
- Stay ahead of the game when it comes to best practice and regulation changes
About you. Wow are looking for someone with:
- A positive attitude, who loves working as part of a team
- At least 2 years working within an accountancy practice
- ACA / ACCA qualified – or working towards
- Qualified by experience within an accountancy practice, if you don’t have the above
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to build trust and rapport quickly
- Experience of dealing with small business owners
- Great organisation skills, including the ability to prioritise a changing workload
- A passion and desire to make a difference
- Xero knowledge (desirable)
Benefits, hours & Flexible Working
- The position is full-time, with flexible working around Wow’s core hours of 10am-4pm. There is no fixed start or end time each day.
- You’re able to work from anywhere. All you need is your laptop and the internet… and enough snacks to see you through the day!
- Stay Connected: Whilst you have the freedom of remote working,they don’t want you to feel remote. Right from the start, you’ll feel connected to the amazing Wow team through a series of online and in-person events that will help you build the relationships and get the support you need to thrive in your role.
- Make a difference: You’ll get an extra day off each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice, helping to make the world a better place. They also plant trees to ensure they are a Climate Positive Workforce.
- Mental health support: You’ll have 24/7 access to a confidential telephone counselling service, to support you through any of life’s issues or problems.
- Pension: Plan for your future with free access to financial advice, as well as a flexible pension package that allows you to pay in as much as you want.
- Extra holiday: Tick things off your ‘bucket list’ with the option of buying back extra holiday. Plus, you’ll get an extra day’s holiday on your 3rd, 4th, and 5th Wow Anniversary.
- Christmas shutdown: Wow close the office over Christmas to give you extra time off to spend with loved ones, eat mince pies, and watch Elf. Ho ho ho!
- Family first: One of the mottos at Wow is ‘Family first’, which is why they offer enhanced parental leave and are flexible and understanding if you need time out to look after your children.
- Grow: Everyone at Wow has a personal development plan to help you progress your career quicker than anywhere else. You’ll meet monthly to discuss how you can be the best you can be.
Wow has engaged eXactitude (a Hampshire based independent accountancy recruitment specialist) to partner with them for this recruitment.
To apply please send in your CV with a short covering note about why you feel you are a match.
Please include details of your current basic salary, notice period and benefits.
Wow has advertised a broad salary range to attract a wide range of applicants, from part-qualified through to fully qualified managers. Successful applicants will be offered a competitive package based on your experience and skills.
eXactitude will conduct a first screen telephone and video interview for Wow while informing applicants about the final process and answering any questions you may have.
Any direct or agency applications from this advert will be forwarded to eXactitude to be included in the above screening process
eXactitude Resourcing Limited is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. eXactitude complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics.