Listed Telco/IT company seek head office Management Accountant for a 12 month fixed term contract as a maternity cover. This is a hybrid role with 2 days at home and 3 in the office. Applications are welcome from qualified or part-qualified accountants with strong IT skills and a communicative personality.
This is a hands-on Management Accounting role supporting the Business Unit and wider direct finance team with the following key activities –
- Main point of contact working closely with the business Senior Leadership team to understand results and production of rolling monthly forecasts and annual budgets
- Understanding of key product streams and growth areas and associated impact on the financial results
- Use of financial reports and SQL to produce Management Information to facilitate Senior Management decision making
Month End reporting
- Ownership of the month end and management accounts process for a Business Unit, understanding customer performance and the production of P&L and balance sheet.
- Leading the monthly review with the Direct FD and UK FD to explain business unit results
- Analysis of revenue, margin and OPEX to facilitate monthly reviews
- Month end balance sheet reconciliation preparation
- Processing of journals
- Reconciliation and validation of 3rd party supplier costs
- Support the Business Unity Finance Manager with month end routines and maintenance of SQL data
- Support Assistant Management Account and other members of the team with month end processes
- Provide SQL support to the wider Direct Finance team
- Liaising with auditors during year end audit and half year review and completion of accounting papers
- Support the Finance Manager with adhoc queries
- Experienced Management Accountant with a good understanding of key processes
- Advanced user of Excel and experience of using accounting systems
- SQL experience or strong desire to learn
- Strong time management and task prioritisation skills to ensure deadlines are met and to standard
- A good communicator with different levels in an organisation and to both finance and non-finance people
- Self-driven with an ability to work on their own and as part of a team
- Ability to be hands on with the day-to-day accounting activities
- Degree (or equivalent)
- Recognised accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) – Qualified or finalist
- Experience of UKGAAP and IFRS
To apply please submit your CV with a short covering note about why this role appeals. Please also indicate your availability to start work and what salary you are looking for.
eXactitude Resourcing Limited is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. eXactitude complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics.