We are delighted to be working with this high quality independent firm of Accountants based in central Winchester. They are looking to identify a confident practice trained accountant to join a busy team working on a commercial portfolio of clients. Practice experience is more important than qualification although a PQ or Q would be viewed favourably.
Main functions and responsibilities of the post are:
- Responsible for a portfolio of clients reporting to a director
- Responsible for assistant client support manager working alongside
- Liaising direct with clients on a regular basis to discuss the current position of their business
- Effective overview of clients within portfolio with regard to budget/profitability/business needs
- The preparation of timely, accurate statutory accounts
- The preparation of timely, accurate corporation, partnership and personal tax returns
- Review of working papers prepared by accounts assistants to our practice standards, to provide an accurate and traceable audit trail for all of the practices work.
- Work flow management of accounts assistants.
- Ability to identify any training requirements of the accounts assistants.
- Ensuring all work is completed efficiently.
- Liaising with HMRC/ Companies House as and when required.
- Checking HMRC correspondence and liaising with client.
- Ensure that CPD is regularly updated.
- This is role requires an interest in accurate and effective accounts and tax preparation to support the work and continued growth of the business.
- The growth area is in producing accounts in real time thereby advising & supporting the client throughout the year to build strong & lasting relationships with them.
- You will have a proven track record in accounts production and tax return preparation.
- You will be able to develop and maintain excellent relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Your communication and presentation style will be professional and friendly.
- You will possess excellent organisational skills.
- You will be able to work as part of a team within a busy accountancy practice.
- You will be able to use your initiative and work pro-actively.
The firm can offer a competitive remuneration package with regular reviews and a friendly and modern working environment. The experienced partners enjoy mentoring and developing their staff, both professionally and personally.
eXactitude Resourcing Limited is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. eXactitude complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics.