Progressive sales and distribution business with a c£40-50m divisional turnover in the UK and 6 in finance seek a commercial qualified accountant to work as a number two for the Head of Finance.
This is an international group with a US head office (on the East Side) with manufacturing undertaken abroad. The business operates out of modern offices and is well established and performing well.
My client is looking for a dedicated individual who is hands on in nature but is also keen to take on new responsibilities and can manage a two staff. Ideally you will be a qualified looking to progress your career but finalists could possibly be considered. My client will also look at qualified accountants who have worked at a more senior level historically but who now want a responsible job as a number two at this stage of their career.
To apply please email in your CV with a covering note about why this role appeals. Include your notice period, reason for leaving your current or last role, as well as details of your last package and salary expectations please.
You will work as a key member of the Operational Management Team. The Senior Management Accountant will lead the production of management accounts and associated reporting to local and group management, whilst providing commercial input to departmental managers. Investigate and implement efficiencies in processes and reporting.
Preparation of Management Accounting and Reporting
- Lead management accounting and cost centre reporting for the business.
- Ownership, preparation and management of cash flow monitoring and forecasting.
- Ownership and preparation of the monthly management accounting and reporting, ensuring both the integrity of the data and providing the Directors and Corporate with accurate information on a timely basis.
- Preparation of the monthly Board Pack, ensuring the information for the Directors is accurate, relevant and the analysis is meaningful and concise.
- Key member of the budget setting team, liaising with all departments and Corporate
- Balance sheet account reconciliations and lead schedule preparation, including inventory balances, fixed assets and intercompany.
- Management of VAT and Corporation Tax matters including preparation of returns and calculations.
- Understand issues in the preparation of the management accounts and drive changes to improve efficiency, effectiveness and customer service.
- Project manage the internal and external audits and produce financial statements under UK GAAP for two standalone entities. Assist the Finance Manager with consolidation of the Holding Company.
- Responsible for the daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting to Corporate.
- Ensure information provided to managers in the business is accurate and enables them to understand financial performance in their area and take appropriate action.
- Using reporting tools available look to automate reporting and improve processes wherever possible.
- Working with Commercial Manager to ensure stock controls and reporting are adhered to, identifying key areas of improvement and implementation of any changes, especially around PI counts.
- Review of employee payroll and expenses.
- Ensure adherence to Corporate and local finance policies.
- Management and administration of two direct reports including sickness, holiday and performance management.
- Assist with the day to day Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable tasks where necessary offering cover to the Finance Manager when required.
- Working with the Finance Manager to develop the Finance Team and Functions.
- The job holder may be required to undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required of him / her in the post, the department mentioned above or in the company
- It is the duty of every employee while at work to take reasonable care for the Health, Safety and Environment of himself and of other persons, who may be affected by his/her acts or omissions at work, and as regards any duty or requirement imposed on his/her employer or any other person by or under any of the relevant statutory provisions
- 10% Bonus based on objectives
- 37.5 hours per week
- 25 days holiday
- Hybrid working once through training / probationary with some flexibility through this period for wfh (3 days in the office a minimum)
- Life assurance
- 5% employer / 4% employee pension
- Health insurance after probation
- Modern offices
- Free fruit
- Free Parking
- Social events
eXactitude Resourcing Limited is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. eXactitude complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics.