Medium sized professional practice seek senior with a minimum of 1 to 2 years practice experience for a varied role with client responsibility and the opportunity to progress.
My client will look at Qual, QBE and PQ (study will be provided) candidates and the salary and duties will be adjusted to reflect seniority. My client will also train on Audit if you only have accounts prep experience.
Overall objective: Responsible for the effective provision of a range of accounting, audit & business services to a variety of clients together with conducting ad hoc special assignments as requested by the managers/partners.
- To provide quality accounting and audit services to a varied client portfolio.
- To plan audits ensuring that each stage is completed to the firm’s standards, overseeing the work of junior staff as appropriate.
- To meet own individual performance level criteria/objectives such as chargeable %, recoverability etc.
- To prepare final accounts for clients or ensure these are prepared to the appropriate standard by junior staff.
- To prepare business tax computations, corporation tax computations and draft corporate tax returns to a satisfactory standard for review/agreement by manager(s)/partner(s) dealing with the clients.
- To ensure that all statutory returns are completed and filed on time, are accurate and in keeping with best practice, and that all follow up action is anticipated, planned and implemented. To ensure that clients are kept informed about their obligations and deadlines and that they are kept up to date with any relevant changes in legislation or best practice.
- To take a lead role in the planning and monitoring of own workflow, and the effective financial management, of accounts and audit work under own control.
- To set time and fee budgets for all work within the portfolio including monitoring/checking time spent against budget.
- To have input to fee quotes and to prepare for manager/partner approval as required.
- To build rapport and maintain regular contact with clients by telephone, email, letter and in person. To check the content of letters/e-mails etc. with the appropriate manager/partner before despatch.
- To be responsible for keeping up to date on all technical matters which affect the Audit, Accounts & Business Services senior’s ability to provide high quality advice.
- To identify opportunities to cross sell and market the firm’s services. To be involved in the firm’s marketing activity as requested by the managers/partners.
- To undertake any ad hoc projects as requested by the managers/partners.
- To undertake special due diligence assignments as requested by the managers/partners. This is likely to involve on-site investigations followed by a quality written report.
The Audit, Accounts & Business Services senior role requires an experienced and capable accountant with a sound general practice background covering accountancy, audit and tax supplemented with more in-depth experience of limited companies & ideally charities. An accountancy qualification, ACA or ACCA, is preferable although this could be replaced by years appropriate level of experience.
The Audit, Accounts & Business Services senior must have excellent organisational/time management skills with the ability to plan, anticipate bottlenecks in the workflow, cope with conflicting demands and priorities.
The Audit, Accounts & Business Services senior must also have very effective communications skills with the ability to relay, in writing and orally, technical information. It is important to be able to vary the wording and style according to the technical understanding of the audience. An enquiring mind and the ability to challenge constructively and assess information objectively are also key to the role.
In addition, strong interpersonal skills and a professional manner and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with clients and colleagues are a must. A genuine interest in managing/motivating junior members of staff is also important.
eXactitude Resourcing Limited is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. eXactitude complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics.